Six years have passed on WardheerNews’s inception. In human chronological terms, the website is in its Preoperational stage. That is when children are between 2-7 years old. At that age, children view the world in their own fantasy and how they would like things to be. They are unable to tell time. They cannot separate reality from illusion. An objective analysis of the Somali websites will easily put the bulk of them in that period. Wardheernews, on the other hand, managed to by pass this stage or at least restrain the urge to let its fantasy take over. And it is this particular attribute of Wardheernews that I most admire.
Subjective news reporting and fanciful analysis of events in the Somali websites is both pervasive and purposive. The quagmire and conflicting opinions on the political ignominy of our homeland is clearly reflected in our websites. Wardheer has managed to stay away from the frying pan of the local couch battles – “fadhi-ku-dirir”- by adhering to a higher consciousness of the more noble and unifying Somali causes. It is not easy not to be persuaded by the base temptations or to brush aside the subtle voices of one’s own demons to partake in the sewer discourse of tribalism that has lately become the normal diet of Somali politics. But Wardheer, has time and again, managed to stave off the stale and transient causes that many in our community so ardently and persistently bought into for reasons that are closely coupled to the current social chaos in our country.
Wardheer has chosen the less traveled road – a road that hinges on the prerequisite of freedom of speech and fair reporting and diligently restrains the harmful impulses that normally hide behind such freedom. Letting them loose causes someone’s freedom of speech to infringe upon another’s integrity or brings harm to an individual or worse still stimulates and begets strife in a society. Ideas expressed and information dissipated on the internet can be unpolished and vulgar. For most communities around the world such freedom of speech contradicts the decent expression of ideas postulated in their culture and thus will be subjected to social disapprobation along with the media that carries them. Self-regulation of a media’s content, on the other hand, brings it along the lines of social decency dictated by its readers, thus, making that media a preferred channel of information and news. The distinction between freedom of speech and slander is also the demarcation between an esteemed media and a tabloid. Wardheernews choose to be an honorable media – a choice that some readers may be uncomfortable with, but at the end of the day will make Wardheernews a destination for those who seek reliable news and information.
Wardheer successfully managed to maintain a deluge of high quality information throughout the past six years. The quality of its enlightening information is one of the reasons it has attracted a large following of the Somali intelligentsia. When many have consigned themselves to the advocacy of niggling clan issues, the staff of Wardheernews irrevocably committed themselves to serving the fragile requisites of the ideal Somalinimo that is so precariously hanging in the balance. The constant disappointment of catering to what deceptively seems obsolete can burden the feeble. It is always easy to go with the crowd but Wardheer has chosen to stick with the classical, enduring pride of Somali idealism and unity. They choose to loose the battle and win the war.
[quote align=”center” color=”#999999″]
Email: [email protected]
[message_box title=”RELATED ARTICLES” color=”blue”][/message_box]
– WardheerNews – Waa Wehelka Maskaxda Wq. Cabdullaahi M. Adan
– Degelka ‘WardheerNews’ .. Muxuu Iigu Fadhiyaa? Wq. Siciid Jaamac Xuseen
– WardheerNews – an Inter-active Fountain of Knowledge By Muktar M. Omer
– WardheerNews war ma hayso oo qudha!!! Wq. Cabdillahi Cawed Cige
– Geeddiga Hore u Wada, Guushana Adkeeya! Wq. Maxamed Daahir Afrax
– The 5th Anniversary of WardheerNews.com By Rashid Yahya Ali
– A higher Accolade for WardheerNews By Roob Doon Forum
– WardheerNews @ Five By Dr. Said S. Samatar
– WardheerNews oo 5 Jirsatay – Golaha Tifaftirka
– Warku ha sii faafo Wq. Dr. Georgi Kapchits
– War la helaa talo la helaa Wq. Cabdiraxmaan Barwaaqo
– War Baa u Gaajo Badan! Wq. Maxamed Baashe X. Xasan
– Congratulations to WardheerNews By Dr. Ali Bahar
– Media, Media Everywhere, But Only Few That Play Their Role By Nur H. Bahal
– Bravo WARDHEERNEWS!The leading light of the Emergent Somali .. By Sii’arag
– “Who are these guys anyway?” By Yasmeen Maxamuud
– WardheerNews leaves Anna Waa-i-Kan websites in the trail By Bashir Goth
– WardheerNews: Ahead of its time By Rashid Yahya Ali
– WardheerNews dot Com: Mature at Infancy By Ismail Ali Ismail
– Happy Anniversary “WardheerNews” By Ali Gulaid
– WardheerNews: Please stay gold and true to justice By Sadia Ali Aden
[divider scroll_text=”Back to Top”]
We welcome the submission of all articles for possible publication on WardheerNews.com
So please email your article today Opinions expressed in this article are those of the author
and do not necessarily reflect the views of WardheerNews
Maqaalkani wuxuu ka turjumayaa aragtida Qoraaga loomana fasiran karo tan WardheerNews
Copyright © 2010 WardheerNews.com
We welcome the submission of all articles for possible publication on WardheerNews.com. WardheerNews will only consider articles sent exclusively. Please email your article today . Opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of WardheerNews.
WardheerNew’s tolerance platform is engaging with diversity of opinion, political ideology and self-expression. Tolerance is a necessary ingredient for creativity and civility.Tolerance fuels tenacity and audacity.
WardheerNews waxay tixgelin gaara siinaysaa maqaaladaha sida gaarka ah loogu soo diro ee aan lagu daabicin goobo kale. Maqaalkani wuxuu ka turjumayaa aragtida Qoraaga loomana fasiran karo tan WardheerNews.
Copyright © 2019 WardheerNews, All rights reserved